Table of Contents
How to open an account in India Post Office through mobile phone? What are the benefits of opening account in Post Office?
Technology has given a new shape to the world. Earlier, for every small work people would go out of their home but with the arrival of advanced technology now we can take up and complete any work while sitting at home only.
Friends, in this article we will have a glance on how a person can open an account in Post Office and the benefits attached with it.
A Post Office is a public department that serves general public with its services. It handles their nails and also secures people’s money with them for a certain period and return them with some interest.
Benefits of having an account in Post Office:
In Post Offices you do not need to maintain a balance while in banks you have to keep a certain amount of deposit or else your account gets closed.
In Post Office, government gives you the assurance of safety of money while in banks, only secu8of uptown one lac is guaranteed.
Now let’s discuss how to open an account in India Post Office. Follow the below given steps to open your account through mobile in India Post.
- Download ‘IPPB Mobile Banking’ from Google Play Store.
- Open the app.
- As soon as you open, a screen will appear as shown below
- Select ‘login now’s if already have an account or else choose ‘open your account now’
- Select the language from the language selection option given below.
- Now enter mobile number and PAN card number in the space given .
- Leave by default selected ‘digital saving account’ the same.
- Click ‘continue’
- As soon as you click ‘continue’ . An OTP will be received on your mobile number .
- On entering OTP, the page will be redirected automatically to a new page.
- Enter ‘Aadhaar card number’ two times.
- Tick mark on both the options given below.
- Click ‘submit’
- As soon as you click, you will receive an OTP from Aadhaar card team. Enter OTP.
- Page will redirect again to a personal details form. Click ‘personal information’ option.
- Most of the personal details would have already been filled by entering Aadhaar card. You just need to fill few left information.
- Similarly, click on the next details. ‘PAN and Communication Address’ option. It is already filled. Click ‘Save’
- In the third option, ‘Nominee Details’ if you wish to provide details of the nominee. Choose Yes , else choose No. You can provide nominee details later also.
- Suppose we choose Yes , fill details and click ‘save’.
- Click ‘Additional I formation’ and fill accordingly and ‘Save’.
- Click ‘ Account Information’
- Select Yes for receiving Account Statements.
- Select ‘postal’ for online account statements
- DBT Mapping: Select Yes if you want subsidy in this account or else select No.
- Accept ‘ Terms and Conditions’.
- Click ‘Save’
- As you filled all the 5 options. Click ‘ Continue
- Now preview will appear on the screen with the information you have filled . Check it, if correction needed, click on the pencil sign on the right side.
- If all details are correct click ‘ Confirm’
- As soon as you confirm. You will receive an OTP on your mobile. Enter OTP.
- After entering OTP page will be redirected to ‘ Account Created Successfully’ page where you will get to see
- Customer ID
- Account Number
- Save screenshot of customer ID and account number and press ‘Go to Home’. An SMS will also be sent on your registered mobile number.
- Now click ‘login now’. Fill account number and customer ID you received.
- Now set an MPIN of 4 digits .
- Enter MPIN.
- Enter OTP received.
- Now account is registered successfully.
- Click login
- Enter MPIN created.
You can see newly opened account.
To send money you can click on ‘send money’ where several options will appear on your screen. Select accordingly. You can also send money by QR code. You also get an option of utility payments .
You can make payments for electricity bill, mobile recharge etc. From issuing bank account cheque book to updating mobile or Aadhaar card number, all options are available in the app.
You can deposit amount in this account either by visiting India Post Office nearby your home or you can transfer money from your existing amount. To get the debit card or to use this account for more than 1 year. You have to get its KYC done. You have to visit nearest India Post office to get it done.
I hope I have penned all the details required to open an account in India Post Office through simply using Mobile application. For any query and suggestions regarding this, do comment us. We are happy to serve you and to make you aware about all the latest informations.